Coming in April 2017
Stressed out about leaving the house with your baby?
Imagine you're a new mom, headed out for the day with your baby. What do you need to bring? Your laptop, wallet, keys, snacks, and your baby's things. You'll be heading to the gym after work so you need your workout clothes too. How do you get everything you need in a convenient package to take with you all while looking like your cool self?
As busy women, we lug around way too many bags creating a bulky, inefficient mess. I was "the bag lady" with many bags that would fall off my shoulders, with things in my arms and hands and two kids to herd around. I had so many bags for different things and could not keep track of what I was carrying and when.
That's when I decided I had enough! My bags certainly did not play well together and nothing out there did! So, I set out to design the Division of Labor Dual Tote.
-Division of Labor is pat pending, all copyrights and trademarks reserved
I had spent around $1000 on so many different diaper bags, but at the end of the day, once I dropped my diaper bag with daycare, what was I to do with all of my stuff that I carried in there on weekends and evenings? I would often forget my wallet in my diaper bag, lose my keys buried under diapers, sign checks with crayons, and use kleenex as baby wipes. It was madness until I designed the perfect solution: two highly organized and dedicated bags - one for baby's effects (Care Tote) and one for you (Command Tote).
The individual totes can be ordered separately but they are so awesome when combined. They share the same design style and won't have you looking like a bag lady. They come with many attachment points so that you can tether other bags or items onto them if you need to. No more bags sliding off your shoulders! The bags are also great if you're a gym warrior during your lunch hour AND especially useful for twin moms who have a lot of gear to carry around for their babes and themselves.
- Wide, deep pockets inside and out for quick easy access to baby's items, a wipes pocket on the front with zip opening for instant access
- Two separated water resistant pockets for clean/dirty/wet clothes or to keep snacks cold
- An internal (and removable) divider to prevent tall items from falling flat to the bottom of the bag
- A removable changing pad with a pocket for diapers and wipes which also converts into a tablet protector after diaper days are done
The Command Tote is all that you need to get to work and the gym in style and comfortably.
- Padded 15 in laptop pocket
- a wet/insulated compartment for clothes or to carry a food container
- an internal sunglass pocket
an external bottle pocket with a bungee that you can hang precarious things on that you don't want to get wet or break (glasses, towel, underwear, etc.
A front pocket that accommodates a pair of shoes. It also comes with a pair of shoe covers to protect your bag and other items from dirt and detachable yoga straps that you can use to attach your yoga mat to your bag
- Insulated and wipe-clean interior bottle pocket for keeping drinks, shakes, or breastmilk bottles cold
- Insulated and wipe clean pocket for moist/wet/or dirty items OR for carrying a snack or meal
- Zippered key pocket with key ring to clip your keys to and protect. Never search for your keys again! #micdrop
- Reminder tabs in pockets - pull them out as a reminder that something needs to be thrown in the laundry, replenished, or put in the fridge or freezer!
- Labeled pockets - a velcro label you can remove and label with a kids marker or pen and then wash out if you want to change the label #ocdmuch
- Easy extend stroller strap to hang on stroller - one strap, no velcro-ing or clipping or dangling weird loops on your bag
- Easy access external cell phone pocket
- External webbing strip to allow connecting of bags, attachment of accessories such as baby toys, yoga strap for mat, baby carrier, hats, and much more
- Comes with 2 stainless steel chrome plated S clips to connect bags together or as all-purpose clips to hold various items to the bag
- Fits into a standard gym locker (together or separate)
- Interior card pockets for cards you don't need to carry in your wallet (insurance, rewards cards, punch cards)
- Water resistant fashion nylon exterior, fashionable and easy pull zipper tabs
- Fits 15 in laptop (Command) or any size tablet (Care), see through mesh pockets and light colored interior to easily see what is inside
- Adjustable shoulder strap with comfort pad that can connect the bags together
"To each his own" - so many ways you can connect and carry them together, I'll bet you might invent your own ways to keep these two bags in sync!
- Fits on double wide strollers (twin moms!)
- These are not just two ginormous bags clipped together. They complement eachother in shape and in style. #yinandyang
New updates: Now part of the crowdfund is the Transition Tote shown below!
Styled similarly to the Command Tote, it is a purse size tote with almost all of the features of the Command Tote except that it does not carry a laptop (but carries a tablet) and would not fit gym shoes in the front pocket. It would not come with yoga straps as well. However, all of the organization features of the Command Tote are in this bag including the key pocket, cell phone pocket, sunglass pocket, wet/dry pocket, reminder tabs, insulated beverage pocket, and webbing loops on the back! It can be clipped onto the Care Tote if you do want two bags but don't need as much gear as two full size totes would carry. It also adjusts length to carry onto a stroller (but does not come with a separate stroller strap). There are two options in the rewards to get a Transition Tote on its own or in combination with either Command or Care Tote.
, check out the Transition Tote.
You can also read more about the story behind the design here.